All my favorite quotes!
Agha Hasan Abedi:
- The conventional definition of management is getting work done through people, but real management is developing people through work.
- Imagination is more important than knowledge.
- Try not to become a man of success but a man of value.
- Instead of giving myself reasons why I can’t, I give myself reasons why I can.
- He who has never learned to obey cannot be a good commander.
- Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.
- I forget what I hear; I remember what I see; I know what I do.
- Variety may be the spice of life, but consistency pays the bills.
- If you don’t feel failure you won’t know how to succeed.
- Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.
- We would worry less about what others think of us if we realized how seldom they do.
- It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.
George Bernard Shaw:
- Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.
Gordon B. Hinckley
- The cause of most of man’s unhappiness is sacrificing what he wants most for what he wants now.
H. James Harrington:
- Measurement is the first step that leads to control and eventually to improvement. If you can’t measure something, you can’t understand it. If you can’t understand it, you can’t control it. If you can’t control it, you can’t improve it.
- Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not the multiplicity and confusion of things.
- We have a Chevrolet health-care system by international comparative standards, but the Canadian public thinks we have a Cadillac.
- The ability to concentrate and to use your time well is everything if you want to succeed in business–or almost anywhere else for that matter.
Malcolm S. Forbes:
- Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.
- Life itself is but what you deem it.
Martin Luther King Jr.:
- The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of conflict and controversy.
- Nothing of value comes without being earned. That’s why great leaders are those who lead by example first. You can’t demand respect because of a title or a position and expect people to follow. That might work for a little while, but in the long run people respond to what they see.
- Limits, like fears, are often just an illusion.
- A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes.
- God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference.
- The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
- Plan for what is difficult while it is easy; do what is great while it is small.
System Dynamics Society:
- Exogenous disturbances are seen at most as triggers of system behavior; the causes are contained within the structure of the system itself.
- Confidence is contagious. So is lack of confidence.
- Winning isn’t everything, but wanting to win is.
Vincent van Gogh:
- If you hear a voice within you say, “You cannot paint”, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.
- I don’t work to collect money.
- Live your fife by an inner scorecard. Hang out with people who are better than you.
- It takes twenty years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it.
- Stick within your circle of competence.
- Predicting rain doesn’t count. Building arks does.
- There are only two things that prevent you from accomplishing your goals — fear and self doubt. When you learn to trust yourself and ask for help, the world gets a whole lot easier.